Cannot preview in Camera Raw

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest Adobe update, I have lost the ability to preview the adjustment brush, graduated filter and radial filter. I am not talking about previewing all changes made on all other panels - just the ability to preview these individually. I have that ability with the editing panels, but no longer with the above tools. This makes it hard to just see the changes you have made with any of these tools alone. Has anyone else encountered this and is there a fix?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davescm | Adobe Community Professional

The ability to toggle local adjustments has been returned in camera raw 13.1 - use the eye icon

Dave

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot preview in Camera Raw

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest Adobe update, I have lost the ability to preview the adjustment brush, graduated filter and radial filter. I am not talking about previewing all changes made on all other panels - just the ability to preview these individually. I have that ability with the editing panels, but no longer with the above tools. This makes it hard to just see the changes you have made with any of these tools alone. Has anyone else encountered this and is there a fix?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davescm | Adobe Community Professional

The ability to toggle local adjustments has been returned in camera raw 13.1 - use the eye icon

Dave

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You make a request at the link below :

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/camera-raw-and-dng/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40876

In the meantime, as a workaround, you can use the reset button to toggle the adjustment brush off then Ctrl+Z to toggle back on again

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I have been using that work around but this ability to preview was present in the last ACR and I am at a loss why it would be removed completely. The ability to preview is a critical part of workflow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2020 0
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately none of us here can tell you why, as we don't work for Adobe, we are volunteer users.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2020 0
Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ACR successfully updated to 13.1 but the ability to preview adjustment brush, etc. not available. No "eye" present next to tool, just white dot as before. Rebooted and reconfirmed update to 13.1 but no preview. Any suggestions?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind - just found the eye icon - glad to have this fixed. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2020 0
Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Davescm mentioned, this option has returned with version 13.1. -see attached- warmly/j2020-12-08_07-47-58.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2020 0