• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot replace a file when saving, it creates a copy !!

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Since I updated Photoshop and switched to Big Sur, I can not replace my files anymore when "saving as". Photoshop creates a copy file instead! How can i get through this pleaaaase ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Sounds like the issue that’s being described in this Bug Report and that has already infuriated many, many Photoshop users on Mac; feel free to add your vote.  

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-saving-copy-not-saving-over-jpg-file/5f5f46014b561a3d426de6cd

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

Please provide meaningful screenshots. 

Are you trying to create jpgs via »Save As«? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tx but yes that's what I'm doing -> "save as" (jpg or png), i'm asked to be sure to want to replace the file, I click Yes and then it creates a copy of the file named xxx copy.png or .jpg 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the issue that’s being described in this Bug Report and that has already infuriated many, many Photoshop users on Mac; feel free to add your vote.  

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-saving-copy-not-saving-over-jpg-fil...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have been to this link but all the comments are a year old.  And this is a current problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, mine does it too, on Catalina and Big Sur. BUT the weird part is that will save over the copy, lol. So I just keep saving over the copy and have 2 versions. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has been frustrating me for a year or more - I cannot believe that something as fundamental as this remains broken in one such a high profile, professionally essential piece of software.

Photoshop asks you if you would like to overwrite the file, you say yes, and then Photoshop does the opposite and creates a copy instead. It's a bug, clear as day, and a significant one in terms of the impact on productivity.

Seriously, this should be addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines