• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot save as anything but PSD or TIFF after using shape tool

New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I ran into this problem today and it's driving me up the wall. Any help would be appreciated.

As soon as I use the shape tool for anything, something I sort of do a lot, I cannot save as anything outside of PSD or TIFF. I've been able to do this all along and it's something I use a lot, so it's definitively a problem. Can't seem to find anything online, either, at least nothing so directly related to the shape tool?? Or even why it would mess things up like that. Files I could save as PNG yesterday I can no longer do that with. I can do basically whatever else I want to and still save as PNG. Fairly frustrated at this point, won't lie.

While I've been able to get around it somewhat with exporting to PNG, it's really not a viable solution long term. And it's kind of obnoxious, too.

I have no idea what to try anymore. Anyone else ever had this problem and found a way to fix it? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

search the forum there are many threads about similiar issues.

you have to use "save as copy".

as soon as your document has a layer you will only presented file formats that support layer ins the save or save as dialog.

the wise people at adobe thought that is a clever idea.... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lightboxx wrote:

you have to use "save as copy".

To clarify: it's Save a Copy (not "as")

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html#save-a-copy

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried. Doesn't work. Still won't give me any other options outside of saving as PSD and TIFF, unfortunately. I scoured through the internet for a solid while and tried whatever I could find before coming here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for asking. I was confused by the same problem. 

And thank you to the folks who answered -- it works! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines