Cannot save file due to program error photoshop 2021 V22.1

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting error while saving and merging the layers after updating to v22.1. My photoshop files are saved on creative cloud and I am importing the files to edit through external drive. 

PS It's working when I am hiding that specific layer.

Macbook Pro early 2015 running BigSur.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

absolute pisstake. Was finishing up on a client project and I literally cant save to either the cloud or harddrive due to 'program error'. First I could edit text at all (the :prohibited: cursor would pop up despite the layer being selected, not locked and the type tool selected).

, now when I make changes to text I have to zoom out/ in to see the actual change. And most notably, I CANNOT SAVE ANY OF IT.

If youre going to purposely make a cloud-based system and Apple gets to create an OS that forces you to abandon 5.5 or other non-subscription package, at least make it work when  I have literally one last image to draw for a client for a deadline

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also totally angry. Test the program before you force us to update and use it with no other choice. There is obviously a bug in Photoshop 2021.FIX IT!!!!

I just spent 4 hours on a document that I cannot delete. and Adobe just goes on charging money while you cannot work!!

Disgusting!!

I cannot save it to the cloud, as a psb, to the web or in any other format. I cleared the HD and everything off the computer and STILL I CANNOT SAVE THIS FILE. HOURS WASTED WHICH I SHOULD CHARGE TO ADOBE!!!

AND I have to wait 2 hours before I can talk to someone for help. TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I was able to save to files to the cloud and then when it came to the third I get this generic error message.

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 9.50.03 PM.png

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the sad thing is I still have not seen anything from Adobe in regards to acknowledgement or fixes or updates on it... I tried copying all layers with shift+cmd+C and photoshop threw a 'program error' dialog box at me. Ridiculous!

[cid:1011031b-35e7-400d-b77e-d144f5b57cdb]
Dulani Wilson

Storyboard Artist + Film Creative

m: +44 7725 596 135 | e: info@bluntspear.com | w: www.bluntspear.com

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I'm having the same problem. Just like the image below. Tryied everything. Change format (tiff/jpeg/psd/etc), change location… Same reply always…

Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 14.47.55.png

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arg! Same issue here

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues lost hours of work nothing is being saved.  

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same error too! I started two conversations with adobe support agents and they couldn't solve the problem either!

How long should we wait for the fix!?!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea. Adobe Care’s twitter responded to me days later and said the best thing to do was to use an old version of Photoshop CC until there team finds a fix... no definite dates or time periods have been given.

The issue I had when I originally did that even before they suggested is it worked for a time until it didn’t. Which makes me think that this is purely a creative cloud issue.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, running on a Mac that's just a few months old on Catalina. I'm not even processing super large files, just trying to merge a couple of image layers for a simple edit. It's inconsistent. Sometimes I can get it to work without a hitch, sometimes I can work on something for an hour and then it won't merge layers or save. Restarting sometimes helps, but I lose all my work. I'm beyond frustrated. Adobe Bridge is performing equally badly, with random crashes when I use keyboard shortcuts. Is this the best that Adobe can do? I can't believe I'm paying for this.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly Adobe needs to reimburse me for November/December. My last few client projects have suffered because of this

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got through to Adobe and received goof IT help. They went into my computer and made a change to n my preferences -oth HD and Photoshop. The first thing you can do is go to Photoshop preferences and to ‘Performance’. Make sure to allocate enough RAM ADOBE suggested put it to 75%.

I hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all that myself (I have 64GB of ram and 75% was allocated to Photoshop) and even tried disabling "Use Graphics Processor" which didn't help. Graphics card drivers are fully up-to-date as well. I even tried uninstalling Photoshop, removing all preferences, and reinstalling to no avail. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It all  did't work for me neather. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had some luck getting past this error by using "Save As" and adding a digit to the file and then saving. Ex. File I'm working on is 4545.psd and I edit it, with new layers, etc. then use the "Save As" and change the filename to 4545_1.psd and it saves as expected. It obviously takes up a lot more HD space, but until Adobe fixes this, it's the only way I can save files I work on.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here since the recent update. It's beyond infuriating now!! Adobe are you working on this?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting the same type of errors, but only when doing "Export As". Regular saving was working okay for Tiff, PSD, and JPEG. I've had other errors as well. When using the heal tool on a layer, I'd just get a sudden error pop up and couldn't use the tool anymore unless I closed the file and reopened it.

I reverted back to v21.2.4 and not having any issues with it. Not going to update until these bugs have been fixed.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem.. Please fix this asap. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

See the "Program error saving files" in attached help article from Adobe : https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ProgramErroropeningfiles

In addition - please add to the the thread in the feedback forum where Adobe developers will see it. On this forum we are volunteer customers and do not work for Adobe.
https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-cant-save-file-due-to-program-error...

Dave

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou Dave,

Those solutions doesn't work for me, so I installed the older vesion. which is working perfectly, so yeah, waiting for the new update.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for great answer ... I've so frustrated with program error things ... Hiding layer before saving is really the solution for now ... Hopefully, Adobe will fix this soon

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about to lose my mind. I've redone the same thing four times now because it cannot save. In any format, on any drive, through any cloud. WHY AM I PAYING FOR SOMETHING that does NOT WORK. In a time where creatives and artists are already struggling, Photoshop should not be added to the list of worries. Absolutely appalling.  I've tried changing permissions, uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting my laptop, waiting, praying and even crying, but all in vain. 
Photoshop please, just work. 
Does anyone have a solution I may not have tried? 
(maybe I should put it in rice?) 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this still been acting up? I’ve literally been using old version of PS CC... the last version that worked for you.

The fact Adobe hasn’t fixed it yet and has increased price of my monthly payments from is sick.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know they're still working on fixing the major bugs. I'm sticking with version 21.2.4 for the time being.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines