Cannot save my work.

Participant ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few hours in an edit, and now I cannot save my file. I've tried export, puge all, nothing seems to help, anyone have an idea, how to save this and not to lose all my work?

Screenshot 2020-12-10 185416.jpg

Well, somehow, I really don't know why, this was the problem. Disabling GPU didn't work, but some of my adjustment layers were ''poping' out. I've just cropped the image, and I was able to save it just fine. Why that was a problem, I really don't have a clue.Screenshot 2020-12-10 194557.jpg

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot save my work.

Participant ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few hours in an edit, and now I cannot save my file. I've tried export, puge all, nothing seems to help, anyone have an idea, how to save this and not to lose all my work?

Screenshot 2020-12-10 185416.jpg

Well, somehow, I really don't know why, this was the problem. Disabling GPU didn't work, but some of my adjustment layers were ''poping' out. I've just cropped the image, and I was able to save it just fine. Why that was a problem, I really don't have a clue.Screenshot 2020-12-10 194557.jpg

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 10, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try duplicating and saving that? (Image > Duplicate on the menu bar.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, dont work

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try also disabling the GPU if you haven't done that yet. (Edit (Photoshop on Mac) > Preferences > Performance > Graphics Processor Settings.) Not sure if this will work, though.

Another thing to try: Create a new document (if you can) with the same canvas size as your original document. Select and drag all your layers into this new document. Try and save once more.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone over in the feedback forum said to try hiding a few layers and/or folder in your document before saving. If this works, save your document, close it and nuke preferences. (Edit/Photoshop > General > Reset Preferences On Quit button in the lower right.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 2
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup that also have helped me, but cropping also helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its better to crop, you wont lose your layers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just read this comment. Hiding the layer worked! Thanks for your help. But, I'd still like to know if there's a glitch with the software that caused the problem. I've never had to hide layers to save a file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is not solved afterall. I need to save as a .jpg or export .jpg and it will not let me do either if I don't hide the layers. If I hide the layers, they won't be on the .jpg. So now, what can I do? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Photoshop, restarted my computer, then reinstalled Photoshop. It's working now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm only replying to this comment because I'm having the same problem and want to be notified when someone answers your question. Praying someone responds ASAP. I don't have time to waste and don't want to redo my work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 1
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 1
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome.  🙂

Make sure you delete your preferences when you get the chance, just to be sure; could be something went kablooey with the Preferences file. (You'll have to set everything the way you had it afterward again; panels, preferences, etc.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 1
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done that, thanks Unicorn for your help! 😄

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I read your reply yesterday, I cropped a photo that was "popping" out of the layer and was able to save it. Today, I placed an .eps file and now that same file will not save. Is there some type of glitch with the software? The day before yesterday, I had no problems with a similar file (placed .jpg, .psd & .eps layers). I don't want to mess with the settings if there's no guarantee it will work. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't know what to tell you, I am not working with .eps files at all.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0