cannot save or flatten a document due to program error

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after a few layers are added to the document, it is not possible to save the document (JPEG, TIFF, PSD...), export to flatten it, to shift to an extension... annoying. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

cannot save or flatten a document due to program error

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after a few layers are added to the document, it is not possible to save the document (JPEG, TIFF, PSD...), export to flatten it, to shift to an extension... annoying. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

memory consumption of PS is very high, maybe the cause of the issue, it is also impossible to duplicate the file

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post what software versios you are using OS and PS versions and a screen catute the shows Photoshop memoty space used. 

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iuse Windows 10 PS latest version 22.1 I do not have the requested screenshot, but if was around 60% of totsl memory (rated very high)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rarely see Photoshop use more then 10GB of Ram however, testing some of batch scripts I have seen Photoshop use the full 32GB I set for its limit. 

I have also seen Mac and PC user reporting here they have problem saving files with 22.1.  One Mac user is reporting the me they are having  a problem with one of my MockUp scripts that it is failing with command not available.  The command that is not available is Save As Jpeg. So I believe there is a Problem on some machines  in Photoshop with file saving. For if there is a document open in Photoshop I do not know of any condition that would make Saving the document unavailable.  My script only saves mockup documents it has opened and worked on as jpeg files. When the last Jpeg is saved only then would my script close the layered backup document. So the Mockup Document should have been in a saveable state when my script used the Save As Jpeg  command

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  When I turn off all but the background layer, I can save.  I then added back each layer and saved successfully until I found that a single fill layer caused the problem.  We need this fixed ASAP.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a PC or Mac?

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a PC running Windows 10.  The problem started after I updated to Photoshop version 22.1.0.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 2