• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot save photoshop files across network

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still cannot save files across the network. Each new version is worse than the previous. I used to be able to save a few before the deaded "Due to a program error" re-surface and I would haveto re-boot. With the latest version, we cannot save ANY Photoshop files to the server from ANY mac machine. Adobe was supposed to have made adobe apps "Network friendly" but they just broke them

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Darth Vader wrote:

Still cannot save files across the network.

Hi

"Technical Support strongly recommends working in Photoshop directly on the local hard disk. To prevent data loss, save files to your hard disk first. Then transfer them to the network or removable drive in the Finder or in Windows Explorer. To retrieve files, copy them in the Finder or in Windows Explorer from the network or removable drive to your hard disk. You can then open the files in Photoshop. This workflow avoids problems that occur when network system setups or removable media device drivers are incompatible with the operating system or Photoshop."

See this Help file for details:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/networks-removable-media-photoshop.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, like anyone has time for that crap. Not a vible answer at all. Fix the app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix your attitude

Jane gave you the correct advice as given by Adobe. We cannot fix anything here as we are not Adobe employees. You can raise feature requests at the link below , where they will be seen by Adobe staff.
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix your app and that will fix my tude

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we are about to give Adobe $10, 000 for software that can't even save a file. how fair is that?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again, as you obviously did not hear it the first time, we are volunteers. This is not our app

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Darth Vader wrote:

Sure, like anyone has time for that crap. Not a vible answer at all. Fix the app

Did you read the entire Help file, or just the paragraph I included? The engineers who work at Adobe have told me that the issue lies with the networks and how they are set up, which is why some work and some don't. Adobe cannot support all the possible network configurations. They explain it quite well if you read the entire page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/networks-removable-media-photoshop.html

The bottom line: do you want a Photoshop file that is corrupted or one that is not corrupted? Which one do you have "time" for?

Fix the app

This made me smile as it reminded me of a time my son was two years old and he handed me a broken paper cup. "Fix it, Mom," he said. "I can't fix that," I replied. "Yes you can! You can do anything!"

I can't fix the PS app either, as I don't work for Adobe. Thank you for your (misplaced) confidence in me all the same.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Can you save files to the network drive using a different application?

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i can save from all other apps except Photoshop. I can save a couple before it breaks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To each his own, but some of us never save directly to server based on common sense - not because it's "not supported" or "doesn't work".

Everyone living with a workplace network on a daily basis, knows how unreliable they all are. They are fine for getting things done, but that's the extent of it. Take responsibility for your own work. Corruption will happen, files will be lost, it's just a matter of time.

A photoshop file is big. That's a big chunk of data, compared to your average Word or Excel document. The bigger it is, the higher the likelihood that corruption will hit any one file. That's statistics, a question of numbers. Where every 10 000 Excel files will corrupt on average, every ten Photoshop files will corrupt. That's just the average number of bytes between each failure.

When you save a file from Photoshop, a lot more happens than just copying data. Handshakes go back and forth, confirming that the process runs. A save takes a long time! 

That's why saving directly to server is a very bad idea, and whether it's "supported" or not is moot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have saved our photoshop files to a server for 20yrs + with virtually ZERO problems. I have been working with photoshop since it was installed from floppies. With the integrity of the networks now, corruption is pretty much not an issue. When one is working in a busy workplace, one does not particularly have time for workarounds. It is also a point for failures. The updated files MUST be updated to the server. Having some work around can prevent the correct files from being utilized. We should not be recieving "could not save because of a program error" it should just work. A generic response that really just means "We have no idea how to fix the problem" doesn't help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far you have made lots of noise on a forum with other Photoshop users and complained that those users have not helped you.  Have you reported this to Adobe developers as advised earlier?

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines