Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot seem to find correct levels toolbar

Explorer ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I saw that some videos where people are able to right off the bat make color changes to their background before creating any layers. I can't seem to figure it out. There's a toolbar that you make come up with a slider on the bottom but I can't find it anywhere. Adjustments is greyed out in the menu bar. It's an 8bit RGB canvas so... what am I missing? when I do get adjustments to open there a lot of icon options but none of them take me to the one with the slider on the bottom. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

@catkarina wrote: "Cannot seem to find correct levels toolbar"

Cmd+L is the shortcut for Levels (Ctrl+L) on Windows. I think it's in Image menu > Adjustments > Levels. This is the old destructive method for Levels. Using Levels as a layer (Adjustment panel) is non-destructive.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be looking for this:

Choose File > New. There is a field labeled Background Contents. It has a down arrow. Click on it and make a choice. Perhaps Other... is the one you want. It offers a choice from the Color Picker. 

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for the attached image. See how it doesn't create a new layer when the tool is opened? They do it all in the background layer. How do they do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@catkarina wrote: "Cannot seem to find correct levels toolbar"

Cmd+L is the shortcut for Levels (Ctrl+L) on Windows. I think it's in Image menu > Adjustments > Levels. This is the old destructive method for Levels. Using Levels as a layer (Adjustment panel) is non-destructive.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Argh! I figured it out. I opened a new canvas and the adjustments wasn't greyed out anymore. I must have done something weird when I was clicking on things to figure it out...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad it's working for you now! 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines