• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot transform or free transformat all now (its not the legacy issue, although I tried that fix)

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to ctrl+shift+click and drag the lower middle (non-corner) handle of the bounding box to skew the lower part of a layer slightly. Originally, when I first went looking for a solution to my issue, I was able to free transform and scale just fine, I was just having an issue getting the ctrl+shift+click method to do anything (my cursor changes to the white arrow with the black left/right arrows below it like it should, but nothing happens when I try and drag a handle). And now, during my efforts to troubleshoot the issue, the problem has gotten worse; dragging handles in transform or free transform does nothing at all, and I could do that fine just an hour ago.

I've never posted about a PS issue before, I've never ran into an issue that I've been unable to find a solution to online. I've done my searching and not found a solution that fixes this issue specifically. So far, I've found and tried:

• Checking and un-checking "use legacy transform"
  • Un-checking and re-checking "use graphics processor," -as un-checking this was the solution to not being able to open PS after my last update. Also, I saw someone suggest it regarding a transform issue.
  • Converting the layer a smart object
  • Made sure the layer isn't linked to any other layers, or locked.
  • Toggled and un-toggled the reference point.
  • Re-setting default preferences on quit
  • I also saw someone suggesting to open a new document and dragging the layer into it and trying to  make my adjustment in there, then just dragging the layer back into the original document?

... None of these ideas worked (I think that's all the solutions I tried, I'm not sure... I wasnt planning to post about this, and I've been at trying to solve this for a good while now, and I've read everything on transform issues that I can find, even much older posts).

What's going on here? I've never had an issue in PS (or any other adobe software, for that matter) that I havent been able to find a way to solve it online.

My anticipatory thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you certainly seem to have tried all the usual suspects.

After unchecking Use GPU in Preferences Performance did you close and restart Photoshop?

Have you tried resetting the move tool (click on the down "reveal" arrow next to the tool in the options bar, then on the cog wheel , then on Reset tool)?

What version of Photoshop are you using and on what Windows version?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure it's the newest update of 2021, 22.3.0. and I'm running windows 10 pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG, I restarted photoshop and it worked. thank you! Don't know how I didn't think to try that before! lol.....FACEPALM!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines