Cannot use wacom board with photoshop once I updated MacBook to BigSur

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up having to call Wacom. they had me create a new user on my Mac, and then the Wacom board worked. I can go into the new user and edit under photoshop, but when I go to save the work, it says I don't have permission to save. What am I doing wrong? The Wacom tech person said I would have to move stuff to my new user, but I don't know how to do that.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot use wacom board with photoshop once I updated MacBook to BigSur

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up having to call Wacom. they had me create a new user on my Mac, and then the Wacom board worked. I can go into the new user and edit under photoshop, but when I go to save the work, it says I don't have permission to save. What am I doing wrong? The Wacom tech person said I would have to move stuff to my new user, but I don't know how to do that.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Before you have to move everything to a new user account, I have a suggestion.

Do you remember what the steps were that they led you through when you created the new user? I was wondering if you could just apply those setting to your account? 

I had an issue when I upgraded my computer and had to uninstall and reinstall my wacom tablet amd adjust the security permissions. Here is a link to instructions that I used when installing my tablet on Catalina--this may help with Big Sur: https://machollywood.com/blogs/news/how-to-remove-backup-restore-wacom-preferences

Read through it and see if adjusting the preferences in your account gives you the access you need. Moving things to a new account is a pain, and I am hoping we can figure out a way so that you don't have to do that. 

Let us know if that helps,

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new settings appear under the old user account, but the Wacom board still doesn't work. The Wacom tech said there's some kind of glitch with the old user. The Wacom tech recommended I move everything to the new user, where the board does work.

(Incidently, this is why I was so hesitant to update to the new OS, I had this problem with the Catalina update, although we eventually got the board to work. This time, we've tried everything, and it won't work.)

I really appreciate your help, I am back-logged with photography work, and really need to get going! Thanks so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2020 0