Canon Printer Profiles gone from Photoshop since updating Mac OS

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a Canon ip8720 printer and was printing from Photoshop, and everything was fine. However I think that after I updated my Mac OS version, the default Canon printer profiles (Glossy II, Matte Photo Paper, etc.) stopped showing up in the Print dialog in Photoshop. They used to be in a top section of the drop-down menu on their own, above all of the other profiles. Any idea how I can get them back? Thanks!

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021
I suggest you start by downloading [from Canon] and then installing the relevant Canon printer driver software. That process normally installs the needed ICC media profiles. Look right through the [Print: "Photoshop Manages Color"] pulldown profile list, they may not be in the section where you saw them previously, due to Mac OS changes.  Note that when you "add" the printer in System Preferences do not select (under "use" )the Airprint option if you see it there.  I hope this helps neil bar...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you start by downloading [from Canon] and then installing the relevant Canon printer driver software.

That process normally installs the needed ICC media profiles.

Look right through the [Print: "Photoshop Manages Color"] pulldown profile list, they may not be in the section where you saw them previously, due to Mac OS changes. 

Note that when you "add" the printer in System Preferences do not select (under "use" )the Airprint option if you see it there. 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I had tried installing the driver again with no luck, but I hadn't actually removed and re-added the printer from System Prefs. Once I did that the profiles came back to Photoshop, thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines