Highlighted

Cant Highlight Text

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So with the new update I've lost the ability to highlight text to change it. I've searched with no luck as to fix it. Anyone having this same issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cant Highlight Text

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So with the new update I've lost the ability to highlight text to change it. I've searched with no luck as to fix it. Anyone having this same issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 16, 2018 0
106 Replies 106
Advocate ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Can you put a screenshot if that issue ?

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could, but it won't make sense because it's invisible. So dealing with any text in any program you can select a specific portion of the text to change it. When you select usually the words are highlighted before you change it. That is now missing in photoshop...

Update: It literally just started working correctly as I was responding to your request.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 11
Advocate ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well Good Luck with that.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have more options in CC 2019 Clicking on the layer T Content  thumbnail in the layers palette highlights all the text in text edit mode.  If I double click on a word in the text in the image window the word is highlighted in text edit mode and it easy to change that word or its color like to red.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, mine started doing this a few minutes ago. No cursor even when I start a new text layer. No visible highlight, but I can select as normal and it will act like it's highlighted when I change font, color, etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 4
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS are you using I use windows 10  version 1809 and I have a cursor I do not have your problem

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - Photoshop's latest update has broken various PS-tools unser Mac OS 10.14, most annoying: invisible text cursor / marker, invisible frame in the transform tool... This leaves Photoshop completely useless for the moment.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 17
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on MacOS High Sierra.

Was able to fix it with help through the chat on Adobe's site. All I did was log out of Creative Cloud and close Photoshop, then open it again and it worked. It's weird because it didn't happen until I had been using it for a while.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 2
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that you are working.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn' help here, neither logout from cc nor quit cc, - after PS restart still same situation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 3
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have time, go to Adobe's web site and do a chat with them. They may send you a program to run, like GoToMeeting, where they can take over your computer and fix it for you. That's how I got them to get rid of the annoying new Home button on Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to everyone out there having the same issue: go to Library folder, into Preferences, there: add the suffix ".old" to the folder "Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings" (in order to recreate a new preferences set on next PS launch) and then quit PS and restart (or - if still buggy - log out / in).

Update: The issue returns after Mac OS restart - this is really annoying. And the support can't help.

Ok even weirder: On every PS-launch the issue returns,. Then i just have to create a new PS document and use the text tool once, then the issue is gone and text tool works perfectly for all otmy PS documents - til the next PS launch.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 17
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, maybe this issue is caused by some outdated graphics drivers or whatever...  For me the (unsatisfying) workaround was to get PS not making use of the graphics card. Go (in PS) in Preferences / Performance and uncheck "Use graphics cprocessor". The issue is gone forever... (and the graphics performance as well).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 8
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following worked for me as well.

Hmm, maybe this issue is caused by some outdated graphics drivers or whatever...  For me the (unsatisfying) workaround was to get PS not making use of the graphics card. Go (in PS) in Preferences / Performance and uncheck "Use graphics cprocessor". The issue is gone forever... (and the graphics performance as well).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2018 3
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in my case... brand new Macbook Pro with touchbar.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2018 1
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me – thank you! Hope they fix this soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me too. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem and I thought I was doing something wrong or pressed the wrong keys that disable all of those options. But it was working last night, so I am not sure what is going on. I will restart my mac and see.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Worked For me. Turning off the graphics processor.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT WORKS FOR ME, THNAKS

JAIME

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did not work for me and I still don't know what to do, ughhh this is frustrating!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked great. Easy fix in 20 seconds.

- Just create a new document, drop a text cursor, type something, highlight it, and return to your document. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. 
thank very much indeed. 
Such a bizarre bug lol. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too - thanks das_mittet80853384 - trick was to restart PS after unchecking "Use graphics cprocessor". 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try exiting the actual document and reopen it again. And it works. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me, following the 2021 update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it was fixed for a day and now back to being buggy. Not text tool nor transform boxes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2018 1
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to the Adobe site and had a chat with a very knowledgable support person. We did a share screen and she went to the (Mac) Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop 2019 Settings/Adobe Photoshop Preferences... and renamed it _old. When restarting Photoshop it created a new Preferences file, and everything worked perfectly. I also restarted the machine to test if it still worked, and no problems after that. She explained that probably my file was created with Photoshop 2018 (which it was), and that the Preferences file got corrupted. Hope this helps you guys too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2018 3
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed a few of the recommend fixes and none seemed to work for me so I connected with the Adobe support chat and screen-shared, they were able to fix the issue by reseting all my tools. That worked for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kasief64273145, how did you do that?

I followed a few of the recommend fixes and none seemed to work for me so I connected with the Adobe support chat and screen-shared, they were able to fix the issue by reseting all my tools. That worked for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the tools didn't work for me. It did that, then turned the graphics processor back on, and it happened again. Turned the graphics processor off and it works great.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset all the tools and set performance at Legacy compositing.

Restarted two times.

Now it works, highlighting and text box now shows up when trying to scale.

Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Legacy Compositing

and restart Photoshop.

hope it works for you guys.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and it didn't fix anything for me. The only consistent fix has been to turn graphics processing off. I turned it back on and the problem came back... until I turned it off and restarted Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop. Maybe that's what worked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did this to fix another problem which resulted in this problem. Trying the uninstall again...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2018 2