• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Video files will no longer open in latest [20.0.1] PS and Mojave

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to open MOV and MP4 files in Photoshop 20.0.1 on my Macbook running Mojave, I get the error message "Could not complete your request because the video file could not be opened".

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 10.27.02 PM.jpg

Video file will open in PS19

[Version number added after "latest" in title by moderator.]

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
48 Comments
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Mojave on a mid-2015 macbook pro and Photoshop 2020 and having the same issue. It let me open one file and convert it, but every other file I try to open it gives me the error saying the file could not be opened. I have not seen the DyanmicLink error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as Paul with getting the error: "Could not complete the Video Frames to Layers command because the file could not be opened." when trying to open any video. I'm using Mohave 10.14.6 and keep my version of Photoshop current (now 21.1.3). Any clues?

Thanks, Vance

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player was the problem for me. I'd turned it back on recently and was having this issue. As soon as I turned it off again, and recorded the screen with Quicktime, Photoshop let me open the video again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm up to date on everything, and I have run into the same issue you are all having. Some of my ,MOV videos will open and others will. I was hoping to find some magic solutation, but so far the only thing that has worked for me is going to "get info" and just changing the file name from ".MOV" to ".MP4". It will ask if you want to change it, and then it will automatically change it without having to use a third party app. It works for me. I hope that helps any of you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you KINNGGGG *heart eyes emoji*

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gone all the way up to Privacy, but I don't see any section that says 'Files and Folders'. Anyone know why not? I've restarted my computer, which does the trick most of the time, but not this time. I uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop 2020. The files I'm trying to make GIFs from are .mov, which is the file I've used ever since I learned how to use Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem.

Whenever I tried to open a file from my desktop, it failed.

When I dragged it into Documents folder, it magically worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_4.png

this happen at 12:21AM Saudi Arabia, Date: 9/28/2020, my pc specs: CPU : i7 7700 intel
GPU : 2070 super asus
Power supply : Cooler master 750 W
RAM: Samsung 16 Gb
SSD : 2 TB , HDD : 2 TB
Mother board : hp
Monitors : Benq XL 2311 144 hz, Second GW2270H 60 hz
Keyboard : Logitech G213
Mouse : G pro
Headset : hyper x cloud 2 Xbox edition
Webcam : C920

Photoshop version: 21.2.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone resolved this? My photoshop just updated to 2021 and I can no longer import video what is the solution for this? None of these worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get videos to open in PS 2021, 2020, or 2019. Did you ever find a solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

almost a year later did you figure out how to get it to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ever find a solution???

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about on Windows? Where do I find this on a PC? I don't have 'files and folders' on my PC. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. I tried updating to Big Sur, that didn't fix it. Photoshop has full access in security and privacy. I've tried moving the file around, from desktop to documents to removable disk. I tried converting the file from .MOV to other formats. I have tried all the suggested solutions in this thread, with no luck.

The infuriating thing is that I cannot even open files in exactly the same way they were opened last, from the same location in the same document. I'm not sure which latest update broke things, but it must have been within a month or two ago. 

Imac 2019.
Big sur, updated yesterday as of 13. apr. 2021
Most recent photoshop version as of 13. apr. 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here and tried all the same solutions. I gave up and used https://ezgif.com/. It doesn't offer all the same quality fuctions as Photoshop, but it served my needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here and tried all the same solutions. I gave up and used Ezgif [website removed]. It's a bit limited, but it served my needs.

Frustrating that we all have this monthly payment plan new, and yet Adobe can't seem to address a two-year-old problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have pushhed a new update to Photoshop, PS CC 22.5.1, can you please update your PS to latest version and also update the OS to 11.6 and let us know if that resolves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Nov 26th 2021

Still having this issue with PC. None of the solutions listed have helped. Spent hours and hours on the phone with Adobe reps. They supposedly were going to have a superior call me back but that did not happen.  This is beyond frustrating. Buyer beware. This company provides the absolute worst tech support.  

PLEASE Adobe respond to how to fix this on PC.  Also Adboe do a google search of how to fix this issue and note A- how muddled all the responses are and B- how there is no clear cohesive coherent response from ADOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 days and still no reply from Adobe. What awful response time from a big tech company on their OWN forum regarding a major issue that has gone on for years now. What is wrong with you Adobe? Do you truly just not care about your clients?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two weeks later. Adobe are you monitoring your forums? do you care that people pay for your awesome software but cannot use a MAJOR piece of it's funcationality?

why does it take weeks and weeks to get a response?... this forum is on your website and has your name and logo a the top

this type of behavior is among the reasons that big companies like you are so awful in this era... not just poor customer service, a total abidcation of your responsibilities

for shame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Evrett15C2 Sorry your issue got lost. This thread is for a macOS issue. Looks like you're on Windows. An employee asked earlier on the thread for the affected macOS folks to confirm if the changes in PS 22.5.1 solved their issue. I'm not aware of any known bugs with video on Windows. Best to start a new discussion with the details of your issues, screenshots of the exact error you're seeing, along with your system info (launch Photoshop, select Help > System Info...). Your issue is likely a system specific issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I kept getting the error message "could not complete your request because the footage is not a recognized format." I came across this forum and found the post about the Privacy and Permissions settings. The only folders shown to have permissions are the Downloads, Documents and Desktop folders, which made me wonder if I placed a copy of the file I was trying to relink in one of those three locations if that could be a fix. And it did; I placed a copy of the original linked file in a folder on my Desktop and it relinked and let me replace the short audio snippet that also had been throwing me error codes. I had been trying to link to the original file in my Dropbox desktop app and that apparently was the issue. Pain that I have to duplicate that location, I have to use Dropbox for work so everyone can access the files. Hopefully this is a temporary issue as Dropbox and the new OS learn to play nicely again. For reference I'm on a MacBook Pro (16-in, 2019) running macOS Monterey v 12.5, CC Privacy screen.jpgPhotoshop v23.4.2

Votes

Translate

Translate