Highlighted

CANT SAVE PHOTOS TO CAPTURE ONE FROM PHOTOSHOP

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I seem to have a problem saving my finished edits back to capture one from photoshop, I am new to capture one and am not sure if there's something I'm missing. I have saved the image multiple times but it never seems to save/place the file in capture one, PLEASE HELP

TOPICS
FAQ, How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CANT SAVE PHOTOS TO CAPTURE ONE FROM PHOTOSHOP

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I seem to have a problem saving my finished edits back to capture one from photoshop, I am new to capture one and am not sure if there's something I'm missing. I have saved the image multiple times but it never seems to save/place the file in capture one, PLEASE HELP

TOPICS
FAQ, How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

According to the support page for Capture One, you can import these formats. Are you using Import or Open? That may be the key.

https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002501237-What-file-formats-are-suitable-for-imp...

This is a Photoshop forum and most (if not all) of us do not use Capture One. If this does not answer your question, please contact Capture One support here:

https://www.captureone.com/en/about-capture-one/contact

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
D Fosse LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This is a Photoshop forum and most (if not all) of us do not use Capture One."

I had a running subscription for two years, to find out if it really was any better than Lightroom. It wasn't, so I eventually cancelled. What I disliked the most was their half-baked DNG support, a pretty clear case of the "Not Invented Here"-syndrome. A close second the horrible UI, and an even closer third their advertising, which was all about "the Capture One magic". If you have to invoke supernatural forces to sell your product, you don't have a good case... 😉

Seriously though. Processing RGB files in a parametric raw processor, whether C1 or Lightroom, can be very confusing. Neither supports layers, and the potential for conflicts/confusion/mix-ups is huge. You really need to keep your head straight to do that, and I wouldn't recommend it. Use Photoshop/Bridge for RGB files, and Lightroom/Capture One for raw files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 1