• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canvas Freeze

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm working on an illustration, sometimes my canvas will completely blank out. Although I can access everything from layers, to filters, to the navigation,  the canvas can't be restored unless I close and relaunch the program. Resizing Photoshop, minimizing, tabbing out, waiting, etc, do nothing.

This has been going on for years and has gotten exponentially worse as of late. I save regularly, but it's become a frequent occurance, happening multiple times a day. If I'm lucky, I can salvage the illustration, but if I happen to be working with the pen tool then all my paths are lost and I have to start over.

PhotoshopCanvas.jpg

I'm not sure if this is meaningful at all (my husband has all the computer-smarts, I just draw pictures) but my task manager says Photoshop is going bonkers.

Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no, can I not edit a post? Please ignore the embarrassing typos - I'm just frustrated 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@rynies ,

Find out what kind of graphics card you have (GPU) and install new drivers from the company's website that makes your card; sometimes the graphics drivers stop reacting as expected for Photoshop and issues like this occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines