• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canvas freezing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So a couple of days ago, my photoshop started acting up when I was drawing (which is what I do in Photoshop). 
I use a wacom tablet. 

I heard some people had the same troubles as me after the newest update, while drawing my canvas freezes. I can still pick tools, but i cant move the canvas, I can save, close down the window, start it again and it works... for a while. 
I tried to just close photoshop down, and it works the same as just closing the canvvas. 

I posted help on a FB photoshop group, where i was told to try check off "Graphic processor" so i did that, and the lines are pixelated when working, its not running smooth rather laggy, and I am unable to rotate canvas.... which is kinda a big handicap for an artist. 

I turned the graphics on again, but i still cant rotate, i guess i have to restart the program. 

But the problem being, how to fix the freezing? 
A normal illustrations takes atleast 3 hours, and if I have to sit and close and open the program every 10 min, its gonna be... i just cant do that, i need a fix for this. 

Hope someone can help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi søsl13017878,

You don't say whether you're on Mac or Win, so I'll keep my response generic for both platforms ok?

You can try one of two things.

1. Reset Photoshop prefs
  2. Reset Wacom Prefs/update driver

To reset Photshop prefs, quit Ps, With Photoshop closed, press and hold Shift+Ctrl+Alt (Win) / Shift+Command+Option (Mac) on your keyboard and relaunch Ps. Keep the keys engaged till you get a Delete Ps Prefs warning dialog. Health warning: This will reset any custom color settings as well as any custom keyboard shortcuts or workspaces you may have set up.

To ensure you have the latest Wacom driver Highly recommeneded), open the Wcom Desktop Center and check for updates.

To rest your Wacom Preferences, go here: https://machollywood.com/blogs/news/how-to-remove-backup-restore-wacom-preferences 

Good luck

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh i'm sorry man, I'm working with windows 10. 

I went and updated the driver, and it work for time being, now its acting up again, im gonna try update my pc drivers, all tho its a rather new pc, only a few month old. But its annoying this problem. 
Nothing seem to help, i could buy a new tablet, but i need to know which before spending money on some PS is just gonna say nope to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.
I think it's a matter of combination of multiple factors.
Nvidia drivers, Wacom drivers, Windows 10 and of course Photoshop.
It's very annoying and I'm seeing it's still not fixed in PS 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @søsl13017878 ,

Please do NOT buy a new tablet. I use Wacom too and don't have the issue. That will be a waste of your monry imho.

Ensure that Use Graphics Processor in Preferences > Performance needs to be turned on.  If it is greyed out and won't let you turn it on, check your graphics card drivers are up to date.

hth

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines