• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canvas not centered

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem only exists when I'm using a 4K monitor. The Photoshop canvas aligns itself to the top right of my screen and cuts off about half of the image.

Windows 10 64-bit, Photoshop CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move the images to the top left.   Close the image out of Photoshop.  Open the image again. Where did it open?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually cant use the canvas whatsoever. The photo and layers seem to be using the top right pixel of the screen as the center.

I can't use any tool. If I want to use the selection tool, for instance, I have to use it in the center of the screen where the canvas SHOULD be for it to select anything at all. I'm probably going to need some serious Adobe support on this.

The only way to fix this is to drag Photoshop to one of my multiple monitors that isn't 4K or change my monitor's resolution to 1080.

Was hoping I wasn't alone in experiencing this, but my research has turned up nothing.

psbs1.jpgpsbs2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having a similar issue.  I cannot seem to figure out why my canvas is not centered, no matter what I try it is fixed to the bottom of the screen.  This first image is a wide shot, the second is when I zoom in, i cant get to the bottom of the canvas.

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 8.42.37 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 8.42.49 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have switched to "full Screen mode" with the toolbars and this seems to be working now.  In standard mode the problem still persists.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brandi, thanks for the suggestion about full screen mode. This same problem started when I upgraded my MacBook Pro to OS 11.0.1, except my images are stuck far at the top of the screen. I can only see the bottom 10% or so.

I had had this problem when I turned on the accessibility zoom-in feature a few months ago, so I turned that off and it went away. But now the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded today to Photoshop 22.1.0. Chose to replace rather than just upgrade existing software. No improvement in this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same same -- just started out of the blue, no recent upgrades or anything. Did you find a fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Started all of a sudden today and nothing fixes it. Impossible to work. Only works in full screen as already mentioned.

Uninstalled version 2021 (22.1.1) and reinstalled from scratch but didn't solve the issue.

So I installed an older version, 2020 (21.2.4) and that works fine.

Mac Book Pro with Catalina 10.15.7

Definitely a major bug in version 22 that makes Photoshop 2021 impossible to use after the issue happens. 

Adobe please fix this asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue after connecting a tablet display. Its 1080p so i didnt expect anything to interfere with the default settings, given that I'm using an M1 Macbook Air and I have the option to scale my displays accordingly once connected. But once i disconnected the tablet, ALL files are opening with a misaligned canvas, and sometimes the same image appears in each of the 4 corners. 

The only resolution is to use fullscreen mode. Resetting PS settings and reinstalling does NOT fix this issue. Ive been using Affinity suite and Luminar since the issue arose and if this doesnt get fixed soon, I'm going to ditch Adobe alltogether. I dont even want to get into M1 support or lack there of.... ADOBE!! FIX THIS ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mind you, this issue is ONGOING for the last 3 (THREE!!!!) years, from the original post of this thread... Wow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've solved this problem! For me at least. I had never experinced this until last week when, as others have mentioned, my image (any image I tried) was jammed right up against the top of the screen, so I could only see the bottom 10% of it, with no way to scroll up. I'm not sure how this happened, as I can't even repeat it deliberatly, but I realized that the PS window (not the canvas but the window itself) had become far larger than my computer screen. I was able to minimize it by dragging from the top right-hand corner and, once it was screen-sized again, voila -- my image was centered! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works. Thank you! Yes, same thing, the image window was somehow way larger than the screen, yet it was docked to the work space. Re-sized the image window to fit in the screen and the problem was gone. Now if I open a new image it is displayed correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great news, I'm so glad this worked for you too! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! This fixed my issue too! Not sure how that happened, but that was indeed the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unchecking the application frame fixed it for me. ( Window > Application Frame )

Also View > Standard Screen Mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines