Canvas not centered

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem only exists when I'm using a 4K monitor. The Photoshop canvas aligns itself to the top right of my screen and cuts off about half of the image.

Windows 10 64-bit, Photoshop CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Canvas not centered

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem only exists when I'm using a 4K monitor. The Photoshop canvas aligns itself to the top right of my screen and cuts off about half of the image.

Windows 10 64-bit, Photoshop CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 24, 2018 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move the images to the top left.   Close the image out of Photoshop.  Open the image again. Where did it open?

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually cant use the canvas whatsoever. The photo and layers seem to be using the top right pixel of the screen as the center.

I can't use any tool. If I want to use the selection tool, for instance, I have to use it in the center of the screen where the canvas SHOULD be for it to select anything at all. I'm probably going to need some serious Adobe support on this.

The only way to fix this is to drag Photoshop to one of my multiple monitors that isn't 4K or change my monitor's resolution to 1080.

Was hoping I wasn't alone in experiencing this, but my research has turned up nothing.

psbs1.jpgpsbs2.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having a similar issue.  I cannot seem to figure out why my canvas is not centered, no matter what I try it is fixed to the bottom of the screen.  This first image is a wide shot, the second is when I zoom in, i cant get to the bottom of the canvas.

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 8.42.37 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 8.42.49 AM.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have switched to "full Screen mode" with the toolbars and this seems to be working now.  In standard mode the problem still persists.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brandi, thanks for the suggestion about full screen mode. This same problem started when I upgraded my MacBook Pro to OS 11.0.1, except my images are stuck far at the top of the screen. I can only see the bottom 10% or so.

I had had this problem when I turned on the accessibility zoom-in feature a few months ago, so I turned that off and it went away. But now the problem persists.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded today to Photoshop 22.1.0. Chose to replace rather than just upgrade existing software. No improvement in this problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same same -- just started out of the blue, no recent upgrades or anything. Did you find a fix yet?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Started all of a sudden today and nothing fixes it. Impossible to work. Only works in full screen as already mentioned.

Uninstalled version 2021 (22.1.1) and reinstalled from scratch but didn't solve the issue.

So I installed an older version, 2020 (21.2.4) and that works fine.

Mac Book Pro with Catalina 10.15.7

Definitely a major bug in version 22 that makes Photoshop 2021 impossible to use after the issue happens. 

Adobe please fix this asap.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2021 0