• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

canvas size changes to pixels when set in mm

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a canvas size of 104mm x 104mm as per printer specs. I set the canvas size to 104mm x 104mm but when I go back to canvas size it converts to pixels (295x295) and then when I switch back to mm it converts to 104.07mm x 104.07mm and the printer is rejected the file for not being exactly 104mm.

how can I ensure that the canvas size is exactly 104mm x 104mm?

thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, in this case I would change the Photoshop "base" units to mm: show the rulers (CMD/CTRL+R), then double-click in them and select mm.

But with a 104mm, you should have way more pixels than 295, make sure that you have at least 200 or 300 pixels per inches, or the document will be all pixelated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you. I have changed the resolution and that has helped with the pixels. I have changed the units of ruler to mm and when I go back to change the canvas size and change it to 104mm but canvas size is now stuck at 103.97.  Please advise at your convenience. Thanks!! Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 7.47.59 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, did you ever figure out how to resolve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, how many pixels does the file have? it might not be possible to convert a given amount of pixels in a round number...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines