Catalina bug? Save as won't replace file and always saves new file as copy instead

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this issue brought up before but have yet to see a solution. Just updated to Catalina because the new Adobe update shamed me into finally taking the time to do it. 

Now, though, when I go to Save As a png it asks me if I want to replace the current file, I say "Replace," and then it saves new file with "copy.png" added to the file name after it anyway.

This is a pretty big hit to my workflow, and I'm seeing posts about this as far back as 2019. Is there anything to do other than manually rename every single time there's an edit to one of my files? Yikes.

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Catalina bug? Save as won't replace file and always saves new file as copy instead

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this issue brought up before but have yet to see a solution. Just updated to Catalina because the new Adobe update shamed me into finally taking the time to do it. 

Now, though, when I go to Save As a png it asks me if I want to replace the current file, I say "Replace," and then it saves new file with "copy.png" added to the file name after it anyway.

This is a pretty big hit to my workflow, and I'm seeing posts about this as far back as 2019. Is there anything to do other than manually rename every single time there's an edit to one of my files? Yikes.

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 10, 2020 1
wende60 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are more Bugs similar to that, and it also happens on Big Sur. Since for some posts the issue was markes as resolved, I opened this new on as the issue is not resolved at all: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-save-as-always-creates-a-copy-not-solved/m-p/1174...
regards, Jo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2021 0