• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalina upgrade breaks Photoshop and Illustrator

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have recently updated my Mac to O/S Catalina. I can now not use either Photoshop or Illustrator to anywhere near its capacity. Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so what is the remedy please.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

People are experiencing issues with Adobe products on Catalina OS, here's some information

A letter to our Photoshop Community

Photoshop and Catalina | macOS 10.15

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10-11-19 Do NOT "upgrade" to Catalina
-and How to downgrade your Mac from macOS Big Sur back to Catalina

-also How to downgrade macOS Big Sur to Catalina or older
Mac 64bit warning - You should never upgrade your OS until the program vendors say their programs will work
-including all of the helper programs that are installed with a Cloud subscription
Do my Adobe apps work in macOS Catalina 10.15?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some Illustrator users are having trouble saving files, is that what you're seeing? If so, Adobe knows about it and are investigating, you can provide info at the link below:

Can't save files in Catalina

You asked about the remedy. We have to wait until all appropriate fixes are made by Adobe or Apple, depending on what the cause is.

If you don't want to wait for updates with fixes since we don't know how long they will take, the best remedy is to use the last version of macOS where everything was working properly. That's what I'm doing: Delaying the Catalina upgrade until I see the fixes I want for all the programs I use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problem with saving the files, but I don't know why Adobe no make something to resolve this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're referring to the Save As issue in Photoshop, Adobe knows about it, has provided a workaround and has said they're working with Apple to resolve it.

File naming options don't work correctly in the Save As dialog

Quote from link above: "Note: We are working with Apple to address this issue."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines