• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catching up with the Adobe Community

Participant ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been away from making digital art with Photoshop and Bridge for about two years.  Browsing the Forum today, I see a lot of problems reported with macOS Big Sur.  Has compatibility with macOS been an ongoing problem these last years?  

What about Windows 10?  There weren't significant compatibility issues during the four years that I used these programs almost every day on a Windows desktop.  Has that changed?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As for Windows, the main problem is, as always, buggy video drivers. It's pretty unpredictable - but at least you have the possibility to update drivers or even replace the card. Most of the problems seem to be on laptops. Not surprisingly, given that laptop manufacturers often modify the operating system extensively, and also tend to fill up the machine with all kinds of useless junk. I would never recommend a Windows laptop for Photoshop.

Personally I haven't had any problems, with any Photoshop or Windows version, that weren't easily and quickly fixed. I build my own machines using components that have been on the market for a while, so that I know they'll play well together. I always avoid the bleeding edge.

The video card is becoming more and more important. Today the GPU is doing a lot of actual data processing and the demands are higher with each PS version. I normally recommend NVidia Quadros, as they are made for graphics/3D/CAD, not for gaming. They are much more expensive for the same nominal specs, but tend to be more reliable. A lot of people are using GeForces with zero issues - but I like to think that the higher price buys you something 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines