• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Caution - Latest Photoshop Update

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the latest PS Update yesterday and this morning I noticed that it does not recognize my graphics card.  Updating my card's driver didn't change anything.  After trying numerous fixes, I uninstalled the program and reinstalled the prior version and all is well.  Hopefully, this is a bug that Adobe can fix shortly,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your GPU? 

Unfortunately it seems we have to expect Photoshop’s GPU-demands to continue increasing and so any update may push »older« GPUs out of usefulness for Photoshop … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My GPU is plenty capable - Nvidia RTX 2080.  Also, look at all the others who have experienced problems with this update. There clearly is an issue.  Thankfully, the rollback to the previous version works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Nvidia RTX2080ti which works perfectly well in 22.3.1 using Nvidia Studio driver 461.92.

What NVidia driver are you using and did you choose Advanced options - Clean Install when you installed it?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My driver is  466.11.  I installed PS as usual, from the notice on Creative Cloud update. Never needed to do a "Clean" install which kind of defeats the purpose of automatic install.  The previous version works just fine and recognizes my GPU, plus this update doesn't contain any major updates that I need.  Just an annoyance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My advice would be:

A. Stick with the Studio Drivers. These are released less frequently but are much better tested for applications such as Photoshop than the game ready drivers.

B. Do a clean install of the drivers. Without it any corrupt elements from an old driver can be carried forward. 

C. Do not auto-update, especially not through Microsoft which will install game ready drivers and not always the latest. If it works leave it alone. When you do choose to update, don't do it in the middle of a project and be prepared to roll back, again with a clean install, if you get issues.

It's your choice of course, but doing it that way I have no issues with the RTX2080ti in Photoshop 22.3.1

The reason a driver may work with one version of Photoshop and not the next is that more and more functions are being pushed to the GPU. Photoshop uses the GPU for calculation not just display and a new version can call an element of the GPU that was not used by the previous version.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand hardware demands will go up in time but this update completely bricks it. Hangs up, doesnt render windows, and freezes in just a few minutes. Rolling back. Photoshop updating since CC was introduced has always been an issue. You never know what your going to get. I.E. dropping the pixel line tool. You know people used that thing still. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Line Tool Pixels-option has been re-instated by the way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats cool if it is. I have to roll back though. Photoshop is glitching. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my name is justin goodwin and I use a microsoft surface book with a N Vidia adapter in the base. Like yourself I installed the latest Photoshop update and lost the 3D section. The video adapter had all the latest updates. In the performance section of preferences it says that my video adapter is not recognised. This maybe  an error or an attempt by Photoshop to increase performance at the cost of having to  purchasing a better video adapter. Reinstalling the previous version solved the problem. Photoshop are attemting to push the boundarys at our expense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE!  Following the advice of a few community members, I did not mess with my GPU settings, BUT did uninstall (keeping preferences) and did a clean install.  And, no problems now.  Ps does see my GPU and it works as it should.

Thanks to those who made suggestions!

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OOPS! Disregard my last Update.  After installation, I launched PS and it did recognize my GPU.  However, after shutting it down and then later, sending an image from LR to PS, it did NOT recognize my GPU!  Still frustrated and still an issue.  Have had to reinstall a prior version to be able to work efficiently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, final time.  I did everything others suggested for me to do, including installing the Nivida RTX 2080 "Studio" drivers, plus a clean install.  As before, when first opening PS, it does recognize my GPU (which by the way, is approved by Adobe) but when I shut down PS and open it again - with or without an image - it DOES NOT recognize my GPU.  As I stated before, this is a bug in the software that I hope Adobe will correct quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have an Nvidia GeForce 750.  After installing PS 22.3.1 PS said there was an error with the graphics driver.  I reinstalled the driver but problem persisted.  After an hour or two with Nvidia I downloaded there cleanup tool and completely removed all Nvidia components from my system.  After reboot I did a clean install of the video driver and related software.  The PS problem persisted.  I rolled PS back to version 22.3 and now everything works fine.  A friend who has a video card by a different manufacturer did not have any problems after installing 22.3.1 so this bug may only affect Nvidia cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines