• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2018 Brush/Lasso Lag

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I've been having this problem for a while now. I thought increasing the scratch disk space would help, but no luck. I've changed drawing mode to Basic, no luck there, either.

The lag exists on even basic round brushes. No Brush Smoothing on. Also experiencing lag on Lasso Tool???

Photoshop is the only program on my PC having any issue, too. I use both Toon Boom Harmony and Sketchbook Pro and neither seem to have any problem so I don't think it's my pen or tablet settings. The issue similarly exists when I use my mouse.

HELP PLEASE!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of computer do you have? There are a lot of things that can impact performance including memory, GPU memory, processor, type of start up drive, and space available on start up drive. Have you compared your system to the system requirements published here? Photoshop system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had similar issues with WinTab driver loaded. I couldn't work with windows ink either, cause it has those bubbles showing, small lags here and there, bursh stops working randomly until you alt+tab etc. no fun.

I was looking for solution for quite some time now. Reinstalled windows few times, tried 4-5 versions of photoshop, all wacom drivers that I was able to find on their site and every reasonable solution. No luck for few days.

Today I tried different wintab drivers without any expectations - https://support.lenovo.com/lt/en/downloads/ds041384 and it worked.

It could be very specific problem that only I experience, but you never know.

If there will be feeling that it should be even more smoother you can try this - WACOM LAG FIX | Ultimate WACOM Tweaks | Windows Pen Lag | Brush Lag Fix Photoshop | Intuos Pen Lag -...  worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have serious lag with lasso tool and sometimes with brush. What do they do over at Adobe?? Obviously, their tech and response team not much. These kind of things should not happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. ¿The other tools don't have lag? Perhaps, you can try resetting the preferences: Preferences in Photoshop

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2020 - STill have lag issues. Super tired of "Adobe Community Professional" that have no clue to this COMMON ISSUE wasting users time pontificating.  Here's the deal - If you have the most expensive Mac, running the latest Adobe Photoshop, using the most expensive Wacom - The Lassoo still has a lag. Boo t o you Adobe - You get more microsft every day. My 2015 Adobe worked better. OK< back to work, just waiting for Lasso to decide when it's gon=ing to start working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines