• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2019 Is Just SO Big!

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding that upgrading to CC 2019 on Windows 10 has left my interface significantly larger (and more crowded) than older versions of Photoshop I'm used to. My research shows others find this to be true as well.

For example. The first screenshot below is from CS 5.5. Everything is nice and small, giving me plenty of room and no crowding. The second screenshot is from CC 2019. It's huge in comparison and too large for my taste. And I've already tried the UI settings for both scaling and font, but they don't shrink the pallets down any smaller. Any thoughts?

CS 5.5

psolder.jpg

CC 2019

psnew.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @rotoscopels 

You can rearrange and resize panels according to your needs, then save the panels in a configuration called a Workspace. The Window menu contains all panels as well as the sample workspaces.

Watch this video from Adobe's Terry White:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FUemMQuljA

Details in Adobe Help:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/workspace-basics.html

Is this what you are asking? Please clarify if you need more assistance.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. But yet, I know how to save workspace and rearrange things. Have for years. What you're looking at in the images are my custom saved workspaces. But you can see that everything about the pallets in the second image (CC 2019) is much larger and more zoomed in that the first image (CS 5.5). I would like to scall these all down regarding the icons and the font. I want both images to match what the first looks like. And changing the scaling/font options of the UI in the menu doesn't change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2019 scales according to the Windows System Scaling settings, so if your Windows Display>Scale and layout is something other than 100%, photoshop will scale up it's interface accordingly.

Right click on your desktop then click Display settings.

Screenshot-(90).png

Screenshot-(89c).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jeff Arola yeah, I was afraid of that. I just tired it and can confirm this is the issue. Now everything is SOO small on Windows lol. I wish Photoshop did it's own thing. But now I have narrowed it down. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines