• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC equivalent to Image>adjustments>variations

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an Photoshop CC equivalent to the Image > Adjustments > Variations tool available in earlier versions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Levels, Curves, Hue/Saturation. These will all allow you to do the same thing, but the UI is quite different. And these aren't even the only options, there are lots of ways to shift the color balance of an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Levels, Curves, Hue/Saturation. These will all allow you to do the same thing, but the UI is quite different. And these aren't even the only options, there are lots of ways to shift the color balance of an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these are as good as Variations was.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep an old version of Photoshop Elements installed for those few times when I can't get it just right in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements has the Variations feature???  If you see this,  please tell which version!

🙂

It is great for working with kids as quickly gives them several options for changing their pictures with a click...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hahaha compliments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Variations Plug-in is in Photoshop CC Adobe seems to have removed it from CC 2014.  However when I copied then cc variations plug-in into my Photoshop Plugin tree which  I link into all versions of Photoshop plug-in tree.  When I use CC 2014 the variation plun-in seems to work so I don't know why Adobe removed it from CC 2014 the support needed seems to still be there.  Right click on image and click view the link in a new tab or window.  You can scale it and read it then.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2015 Jan 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can get the "Variations" plug in for CC?

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Ned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish it were possible. After CS 5 Adobe stopped putting variations in the program. You have to use the Color balance tool.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nedzter wrote:

How can get the "Variations" plug in for CC?

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Unless my memory is totally scrambled, if you have the subscription, you can download both CC and CC2014 and keep them both.  I know some folks do that to have access to the Oil Paint filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you help me to do the same in CC 2017? thanks a lot ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 04, 2014 Oct 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All things considered, I think it's understandable why the powers that be have quietly decided to relegate Variations to the attic but still, that's a cool bit of info. I went ahead and put a link to the CC plug-in in my CC2014 plug-in folder — more because I could than because I actually needed to — and lo and behold, it works.

It's scary that I remember this, but the last time I used Variations was for a project back in 2008. As Brett N said above, there's lots of subtler ways to play with the color balance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2014 Oct 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the other hand,,, those of us who used to work in a darkroom with a

dicroic enlarger were used to the photographer's exposure box and the

color wheel. It was easy to use and since I have to do a lot of

photomicrographs, I needed the speed if afforded. I get the subtlety

aspect, but I don't need to pull up curves for every image.

DK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't even aware that they had re-introduced Variations in CC, a feature that I thought was deprecated as of CS5.

I had even totally forgotten about that feature until this thread.  I normally work in ProPhoto RGB and 16 bit images for greater latitude when adjusting my images.  I found Variations most unsubtle.

It's very interesting to read that other users miss them.  Thank you for everyone's contributions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I found a solution, simple and easy to variations work well on Photoshop CC 2015.

See TechGame Reviews: Photoshop - Plugin Variations (Variações)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The copy old plugin trick doesn't work anymore. I have tried now two different copied old plugins:

Variations.8bf - 82,080 bytes

Variations.8bf - 82,824 bytes

and neither of them work. Both say "Could not complete the Variations command because of a disk error:" This probably occurred after some update of Photoshop CC 2015. Any ideas how to fix that 8bf file for CC 2015?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an old thread, but I'm going to add my two cents worth, and give a big up for the Color Balance adjustment layer.  It is so intuitive.  If the image looks too yellow, move the appropriate slider away from the yellow towards the blue.  What could be easier?  What I always notice after using this feature, is that after a minute tweaking, how incredibly wrong the image looks when you turn the Color Balance layer off.  It is just about perfectly weighted as well IMO.  The right half of my hero Bert Monroy, is masked out, so we can see what difference a hefty -50 makes with the yellow/blue slider.

Or you could spend ages with a curves layer, or convert to LAB mode, but for a quick fix, this is my go to solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU CAN USE VARIATIONS IN ANY VERSION, you just need to use a plug-in.

Simply download the file from the link, (Variations.8BF file), place is in "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Required\Plug-Ins\Filters "

Idk who uploaded it, or whether it's legal or not, but " Dropbox - Adobe CC2015 " here is the link I downloaded it from.

Its a few kB file.

I pasted the url, it automatically generated a link.

If the link above doesn't work, copy the following to notepad, Replace every * \ *   with * / *

" https:\\www.dropbox.com\sh\xktlhyvd1oiffz5\AADqfhZJ9iuMTfp48P933-fVa?dl=0 "

p.s.  -   you don't need to create an account on Dropbox, find an option to download anyway on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CC 2017 this doesn't work T.T
Could you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use CC 2014

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work on Mac.  I tried both putting it in the main Plug-Ins directory ( /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Adobe Photoshop CS6.app/Contents/Required/Plug-Ins/Filters ) and also in the custom Preferences > Plug-Ins where you can define your own Plug-Ins directory.  And it failed to work for both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that it is telling that it is 2021 and no "enterprising" developer has written a replacement plug-in or standalone application that recreates variations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is "image>adjustments>'variations' " in Photoshop cc ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU CAN USE VARIATIONS IN ANY VERSION, you just need to use a plug-in.

Simply download the file from the link, (Variations.8BF file), place is in "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Required\Plug-Ins\Filters "

Idk who uploaded it, or whether it's legal or not, but " Dropbox - Adobe CC2015 " here is the link I downloaded it from.

Its a few kB file.

I pasted the url, it automatically generated a link.

If the link above doesn't work, copy the following to notepad, Replace every * \ *   with * / *

" https:\\www.dropbox.com\sh\xktlhyvd1oiffz5\AADqfhZJ9iuMTfp48P933-fVa?dl=0 "

p.s.  -   you don't need to create an account on Dropbox, find an option to download anyway on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines