Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Free Transform stopped working

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've liked so much the new Free Transform unveiled on CC2018, that constrain image proportions as default when transforming. however, I'm using PS CC 2020, and since... hm... last thursday, the tool stopped working appropriately. I mean, it turned back to the legacy transform tool, where it don't respect the proportions, and i had to press shift if I want to.

I've checked the preferences and the checkbox for use old free transform tool IS NOT enabled.

What can I do to restore the tool?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can´t help you but yes i noticed that too.

and i may add that i recently have big issues with the performance when using the transform tool on big text in high resolution documents.

it is lagging and slow.

even moving such a text (when in transform mode) is slow on my 24 core threadripper with 64GB ram and RTX 2080 GPU.

transforming pixel data is not affected but text is annoying to work with.

maybe they messed something up in the latest update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue! I'd love for adobe to help us get it to work again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I like the automatic proportional scaling. It is gone all of a sudden. I don't see any answers here. How do I get it back? I can shift scale, but I'd rather not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines