• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC just ran update and now quick selection not acting right

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update I can no longer hold down ALT to deselect when using photoshop.  I tried restoring defaults for the tool but that didn't work.  Plesae help.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

That's not a typical experience, would you mind telling me the exact version of Photoshop you're on? Go to Help > System Info.

Also, as you've already tried resetting the tool. Could you please let us know the operating system you're working on?

Could you please try enabling "Legacy compositing" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure.  "Adobe Photoshop Version: 2015.5.2 20170315.r.195 2017/03/15:23:00:00 CL 1107975 x64
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit"

"Legacy compositing" isn't an option when I go to preferences > performance.  

EDIT:  Although I restarted my computer and PS several times yesterday before posting, the tool is working fine right now.  No clue what the issue was or how it resolved itself.  Thanks for trying to help, but apparently I got lucky.  Hope it doesn't happen again though! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines