Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Library brush to actual ABR file...

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !

I have selected a bunch of my favorite photoshop brushes from kyle webster megapack

using my creative cloud library, It took me a while, (as you know there are few hundreds of brushes...)

so this part was working quiete well...

Then I was thinking to download my library from CC library to my brush in photoshop, but I didn't find how,

looks impossible from the CC library window inside any adobe apps...

So I try to connect to my adobe account with my browser... but I didn't find anyway to download my work...

The strange thing : you can share a link to one of your library, BUT once YOU clik on that link... it looks like you can't download anything here

youcan only watch ??????????

I am sure I have done something wrong, because it didnt make sense otherwise....

also the drag and drop from Library window to the Brush window (in photoshop) doesnt work ,

I hope my langage is somehow understandable... cause I am not fluent in english....

Thanks for your answers. !

cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to load brushes from the synched folder on your HD.

If you have a shared link, you need to set the link settings to allow download or save to creative cloud or it will be read only.

You can't drag brushes from the library window into the brush panel (at this time).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a resource for sharing files in Creative Cloud.

Share Adobe Creative Cloud files, libraries, prototypes, and more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can move them back one at a time like this:

1. With the brush tool selected select a brush from the libary

2. Right click on the canvas and from the pop up menu
a. Select the group to which you want to add the brush

b. Click on the small icon at the top to "Create New Brush Preset from this Brush"

Repeat for the others

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave - are you sure that brings in all settings from the Brush Settings panels too? The Kyle Webster brushes have a lot of custom settings like Shape Dynamics, Transfer, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes it appears to - I've just tried it. I saved a Kyle brush to the library then put it in a new group with the method shown above. All settings appear to be retained.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if you do it with this method you are doing one brush at a time - if you import them from the abr file, you get all of them at once in a folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ARGGGGG

Thats what I was afraid of......

f¨¨¨ck It will take my age

WHY ALL THOSES GUYS ADVISE US TO USE THIS REALLY AMAAAAAAAZIIIIING CC LIBRARY BRUSH TIP ??

welll theu really havn't try it yet...

(sorry)

Thanks for your answers... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree the way I showed is one brush at a time and the best way to load brushes is as a group using an abr file.

But, like the OP I've not found a way of getting several brushes that have been saved to a library downloaded as an abr file. If there is one I too would be delighted.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The other problem now, is

it don't keep the same name....

since it is a new brush....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks,

really not really productive this creative cloud library,

it would too simple to be able to download your own library, in full....

strange creative cloudy adibe guys isn't 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines