• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC2020: can't write document presets file error on close in Photoshop; can't relaunch after

New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue which has only just started after updating to the latest version of CC 2020. When I close the program, I receive the "can't write document presets file" message. If I try relaunching Photoshop, either clicking the App or using the CC launcher, it will not open. I have trashed old preferences and am able to relaunch the program but only after a full system reboot. I am running an updated Windows 10 machine. Any suggestions on what to try next? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your User ID access to its Photoshop Preferences folder make sure it has full access rights.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything seems to check out with security settings but still the issue persists... 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Permissions are checked but error persists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this issue? I am having the same problem, tried this solutions, but it still persists.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would search or create a thread on the https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup, I too have the same issue and have attempted all the suggestions none of which solved the problem. Whilst I can live with it it is somewhat annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines