Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Legacy CEP Extension panels don't load on Apple M1 computers

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

I have an iMac (24", M1, 2021) and Monterey installed. I have Photoshop version 23.1 installed. Now I have the following problem, my extensions are no longer displayed in my menu. What option do I have so that my extension are displayed and started.

thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Hello, CEP extensions do not work on native Apple Silicon. UXP does.

You need to run Photoshop under Rosetta mode (right-click on the application icon in the applications folder, select Get info, then Run in Rosetta) to use CEP extensions. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this solution, Andrea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its kinda weird they are already abandoning CEP so quickly. When they introduced UXP 2 years back or so, they stated it wouod bes upported for quite a while.

I got quite some work to do makes jg the transition to UXP 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The advice here that extensions do not run on M1 is incorrect. Most (maybe all) CEP extension panels will run just fine on an M1 / Apple Silicon machine when launched under Rosetta.

Just right-click the actual Photoshop app and "get info" to choose to run under Rosetta. If you do not see a Rosetta option, then you have right-clicked an alias and can right-click and alias and choose "show original" to find the actual application and then get info to check the Rosetta option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I just purchased the Lumenzia extension to use on my macbook air M1 2020, and after trying all the methods described here i cannot still see the extensions. When I right cliked on the photoshop app, then info, i do not see the "choose to run under rosetta". This is after this that i'm confused. I created an alias from the original photoshop app, but then what do i do? Nowhere i see the Rosetta word or option written! Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, are you right-clicking on the shortcut that is in the dock?

You need to go to your applications folder, or you can also your the CC application, and select the ... next to the installed app, and select "run intel" or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. After the update, the "Extentions" tab with panels for retouching disappeared. Tell me how to get it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution to start Photoshop in Rosetta Mode is not bad, but I now have a M1 Mac and would like to have it that way. Adobe has to come up with something and have a correct solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, as stated earlier by Jef Bracke, ask the developer to port their panels to the UXP framework, and maybe Adobe to implement all the CEP features in UXP, so that developers can update all their panels. Knowing that a new framework has to catch up on years of updates and features requests that the previous one benefited from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to install Tych Panel on a Macbook Pro 13 'with M1 processor but I can't, also because on PS22 the extensions command is not active.

It is normal that the command extension is not clickable?
Is it still possible to use this extension on new Mac with PS22?

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from download&install>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou very much!!!
I've made it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(you're welcome, but that thanks goes to @PECourtejoie .)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi) i have same issue! I turned on Rosetta, but have disabled  Extension too. But i dont understand your solution( 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, @gleb24253400rvuv is the extension properly installed.

Are you well starting Photoshop in rosetta mode, the apple help page makes it sound you need to install rosetta, that is shipped by default?
(you can do it from the CC app, installed applications, click on the ... and open for intel.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines