• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CEP: Get ICC profile description

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know if it is possible to get the profile description from an ICC profile? Or another way to assign ICC profiles for the softproof if I only have the filename?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What profile descriptions? With the ColorSync utility on Mac, you can get some such data depending on what you are after. 

You cannot soft proof or do anything without the profile itself. IOW, a file name doesn't get you anything but the file name. Note that ICC profiles have TWO names; the internal name we see from software and the 'external' name in Finder. The two should be in sync but are not always. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With "description" I mean the "desc" tag in the ICC profile which I think you referred to as the internal name of the profile.

The issue is that PS wants the internal name/description for setting up the soft-proof from inside a CEP extension. PS has some way to get the description as it is shown correctly in the dialog the user can select in the PS main menu - AFAIK that is not helpful when writing a CEP extension though as we can only see the file name on the disk which can (and sometimes does) differ from the description.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines