• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Certain Fonts and text printing with shadow or line in only some letters?

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When I print from Photoshop to my Ricoh Ri 100 (small direct to garment printer)

Here is a birthday shirt with the word Three and the first letters print fine even the first "e" and then the second has the shadow. this also happens to other fonts shadow going from bottom to top? Also notice the tracks on the tractor double printing?

The text will have a shadow on some letters or all. No one has been able to help me with this and I have also had this problem on a different printer.

I appreciate any help!IMG_6176samplefont.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post an image of your Photoshop file including the layers panel and any effects that you might be using.

Are you printing directly from Photoshop or first exporting out an image which you open and print from another program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

no effects just a font called Impact.

i am printing a .psd directly to the printer

I just opened a new file and changed the dpinfrom 300 to 600 and it printed fine

could the dpi have something to do with it

i am going to do some more test prints tonight

thanks for the reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see how a DPI change would alter how pixelated a graphic might look but it shouldn't determine whether an element within a design prints or not. Have you tried your DPI change trick to the file you were having the problem with?

I hope you've solved the problem but if not be sure to post a screen shot including your layers panel. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so far it seems to only do it in landscape mode and not portrait, which is a big problem for me. I don't have anything applied to the font, its just black then I made the little rectangles to look like the road. Also in the first image it is a different font in portrait mode and it is making the shado on the letters there too.IMG_6183.JPG

test1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In reference to the image with the word "Three" it looks like you are only having issues where you have elements overlapping one another. Perhaps this is something to do with effects/transparency interacting in odd ways with one another.

Try duplicating and flattening the image...

Layer > Flatten Image

This will combine all of the layers into a single layer. Visually it should be identical without any loss in quality. Try printing this document and see what you get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello - did this ever get resolved?   I'm running into the same issue.  I'm trying to print in black and I keep getting those same gray bars along my black.  It's very maddening.  It's present on all printers I have tried.   I just want to print onto an overhead transparency so I can use it for silkscreening.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines