• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change color of selection

Contributor ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am creating storyboards and want to change my rough sketches into finished looking sketches.  I want to change the pencil to blue, so that i can print,  redraw over the blue, scan, and erase the blue.  

When i select color range with eyedropper tool and then change hue in adjustments, it still looks grey and when i increase saturation it is multicolored. I am looking to get one solid color.   Also, I am not sure how to be sure that the full range of greys, so the entire sketch is selected.  

I am working in Windows with Adobe CC. Thank you kindly for your help in advance!

go_1.jpg

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a multitude of ways in photoshop to do that including

using Layer>Layer Style>Color Overlay with the

Blend Mode set to Overlay.

sb.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You already have good answer. Let me try to demistify problem: what are you selecting before using adjustment Hue/Saturation to change color? If you are clicking on white what is easier to do and select then you must invert selection before trying to do something to gray sketched lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use the color range command.
Selcct>Color Range and select black color with increasing fuzziness so you can select the black tones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would definitely not recommend selections here. This needs to be a full global adjustment, and Jeff's solution is the one that works for this purpose.

The OP wants to remove the blue sketch completely when finished. A selection will always leave some residue behind.

Of course, working with layers instead of a single layer should render the whole problem moot. If I understand it correctly, which I may not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your detailed answer!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines