Highlighted

Change color on multiple layers at once

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pixel animation in Photoshop CS6, and I need to change some of the colors. Instead of changing each layer individually, I was hoping there was some way to change a color in all layers at once.

As an example; the eyes and tail are red and I want them to be blue. Right now I have to use the magic wand on frame 1, changing the selected red to blue. Then go to frame 2, select the red, change it to blue, ect. I want to select that spcific red value and change it to blue in all layers at once, like I would in a Color Table. In other words, an image in Index mode with multiple layers.

Hopefully that explains it, I can clarify is you need me to.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Change color on multiple layers at once

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pixel animation in Photoshop CS6, and I need to change some of the colors. Instead of changing each layer individually, I was hoping there was some way to change a color in all layers at once.

As an example; the eyes and tail are red and I want them to be blue. Right now I have to use the magic wand on frame 1, changing the selected red to blue. Then go to frame 2, select the red, change it to blue, ect. I want to select that spcific red value and change it to blue in all layers at once, like I would in a Color Table. In other words, an image in Index mode with multiple layers.

Hopefully that explains it, I can clarify is you need me to.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 04, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the actual image an Adjustment Layer atop the whole bunch of Layers might be able to achieve the intended result. 

Please provide a couple of the Layers. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the image I want to convert in its origional colors

original colorsoriginal colors

This is the refernce I want to use for the new colors

colors I wantcolors I want

This is how I want the final result to look.

final resultfinal result

I ended up using Rplace Colors and recorded animations to replace all the colors at once, but I still had to use the Animation on each layer. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»I ended up using Rplace Colors and recorded animations to replace all the colors at once«

What does that mean? 

The image seems like a bad basis for the color changes. 

One option would be to edit the Color Table on exporting. 

But I would prefer using Video Layer instances to isolate the various elements and colorize the separately (in Lab). 

blazikenRecolorTestScr.png

Here are examples of isolated elements and the complete result (not at full length though): 

blazikenRecolorTestBlue.gifblazikenRecolorTestYellow.gifblazikenRecolorTest.gif

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0