• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changes or bug in 21.1 lasso tool

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions of PS you could switch from the standard lasso to the polygonal tool in mid-selection by holding down the alt key, lifting the stylus and clicking to add anchors, then resume freehand selection by releasing the alt key. In 21.1, holding alt and lifting the stylus will cause your selection to complete if you are in mid-selection. It still functions normally if you START with the alt key (not useful as there is already a tool to do this).

Was this functionality removed intentionally, is it another bug or has it been configured to work in another way such as with a new key combo?

Any help would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

I just 'fixed' it. I downgraded a single version (uninstall was required and automatic) and it worked, but of course the tool presets in that version are broken, so I upgraded back to 21.1 to see if I could find a setting that could possibly correct the problem before comitting to going back multiple versions -- but before I even looked I tested the lasso at it worked as it should.

In summary, I downgraded a single version, then updated again to resolve the issue.

NOTE: the uninstall will wipe o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was about to create a post about it. Same thing here, and it bugs me a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just 'fixed' it. I downgraded a single version (uninstall was required and automatic) and it worked, but of course the tool presets in that version are broken, so I upgraded back to 21.1 to see if I could find a setting that could possibly correct the problem before comitting to going back multiple versions -- but before I even looked I tested the lasso at it worked as it should.

In summary, I downgraded a single version, then updated again to resolve the issue.

NOTE: the uninstall will wipe out all of your settings so make sure you back everything up first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 21.1.1 has the problem fixed. However, now it makes wild, random selections when pressing Alt and using the lasso tool. That does not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, could you post a video of what you experience? Did you try 21.1.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using 2021

I had a similar problem on a Mac which I fixed by turning of Safari while using it.  That said the lasso and polygon selection tool are really jerky and lost the smoothness when I was using PSD 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had to downgrade to 21.2.4 and it works great (well I still have to have my browser off).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines