Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changes

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been using adobe products for at least 20 years, and have been very satisfied. That is until I've started using the cloud version. Now, I understand your desires to constantly feel the need to improve and update your programs. I realize that changing with the times is vital, but positive change is fine, but uneccesary alterations  are not. There are aspects of each of their programs that at one time were perfect, but now have been changed in very negative ways. I've complained to live experts before, and some have tried to remedy the issues, while others have said, "yeah, that's the way it is now...". Thus, this letter. Right now, I am most bother by changes to Photoshop. Here is a list of 4 things that are making me crazy, Please stop fixing what isn't broken.

1) While working in layers, it used to be that if you wanted to move/alter a particular layer, you would just click on it and be able to work on it regardless of where it was situated, regarding other layers. Now for some ridiculous reason, if I'm in a certain layer that happens to be below another, and I click on it, the program automatically switches me to the higher layer. The only way I can do this now, is by locking any other layers near it, which slows down the entire creative process and is completely worthless.

2) "Command Z". The go back function used to be limited to one click, but now it's unlimited. Granted, going back more than one time in useful at times, what if I should maybe want to go back again? If I should accidentally go back 2 instead of 1, it's too late, I'm dead. Is there a way to return? To be honest I'd much rather have it single.

3) When using the polygon tool, it has now become so sensitive that as you're outlining something, if you accidentally hit the same point (which one would think, would be impossible) again, it automatically snaps back to finish. It never used to do this, you would need to double click. Why this was ever altered I have no idea! The worst!

4) If I'm working in photoshop and switch over to looking at the internet, the image in photoshop now disappears! So I can't look back and forth for reference between the two windows, it can't be done. Another confusing thing. Why would you do this?

Please do what you can to bring back Photoshop to the wonder it once was and again please resist whatever it is that is making want to fix what's not broke.

Thank you,
Gregg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 is "Auto Select Layers", a checkbox in the options bar.

#2 is now a setting in Preferences, "Use Legacy Undo".

#3 I don't know, haven't noticed any change, but maybe...

#4 sounds like a video driver bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not addressing Adobe on this forum but (mostly) volunteers.

Like all applications, there are bugs in Photoshop, but we find most issues are because of users system issues or they can be overcome by resetting the Photoshop preferences.

Regarding Cmd Z, you can choose the number of undo's you want in History States, in Photoshop preferences under the Performance tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the OP wants the old Undo -  Redo toggle, instead of the new multiple undo. Which he can, by checking the box in Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines