Changing a horizontal photo to a vertical image without cropping the shot

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client called me to say she needs the horizonal photographs I shot for her to be used on her website.  She is expanding her social media to incluse pintrest.  Apparntly pintrest prefers vertial images.  I need to learn what the proccess is using the latest photoshop version along with the latest Apple Safari MacOS Big Sur version 11.1

Can anyone please direct me to the right place to learn how to use this process,

Thank you for your help on this matter

Hugh P

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Changing a horizontal photo to a vertical image without cropping the shot

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client called me to say she needs the horizonal photographs I shot for her to be used on her website.  She is expanding her social media to incluse pintrest.  Apparntly pintrest prefers vertial images.  I need to learn what the proccess is using the latest photoshop version along with the latest Apple Safari MacOS Big Sur version 11.1

Can anyone please direct me to the right place to learn how to use this process,

Thank you for your help on this matter

Hugh P

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 25, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are probably various ways, but this tutorial shows how I do it:

The ideal Pinterest image size is 1000 x 1500px and an aspect ratio of 2:3.  

For your case, you want to make the canvas size 1000 x 1500 px with an aspect ratio of 2:3, which is the recommended ideal image size for Pinterest.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you. I will get right on it and let you know how it turns
out.
--

Hugh Penland Photography
hpenlandphoto.com
503-939-1125

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2020 0
hughp12 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I am not able to access the tutorial. Not sure why but will keep trying. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title is a bit confusing. The only way to keep image as it is and to change its orientation is to transform or rotate image. Another way is to add extra space on top and bottom to get vertical oriented image without changing original image content at all.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 25, 2020 0