• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing a setting

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop 7.0 for my photographs which are stored on drive D with 1,7Tb of space unused, When I modify a picture I cannot save to the source as it says the disc is full.

When I go to Edit>Prefernces>Plugins- Scratch discs it throws up a dialog box with First - Startup

second - None, Third - None, Fourth None.

What do I have to change to remove this problem ?

Many thanks

Tony

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 7.0 was incapable of seeing drives bigger than 1TB.

Eighteen years ago a 1 TB disk was unheard of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I remember the machine I had when I was using Photoshop 7.0. I had one 4 gigabyte disk, and one a whopping ten GB. My biggest pride was a full gigabyte of RAM, when everybody else had 128 and 256 MB. I thought I was king of the heap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to partition your large disk into small disks. PS 7 is like 20 years old. Disk were much smaller then.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I apologise but being over 80 years old I am not up with modern systems. So how do I partition a disk ? - in simple terms please.

Many thanks for your quick response.

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do it in Windows > Administrative tools > Computer management > Disk management. That's the folder structure in your Windows start menu.

However, a disk can only be partitioned before formatting - which means; it has to be a blank disk with no data on it. So if you want to partition a disk already in use, you have to move everything off it first, and then move it back afterwards.

Everything considered, it might be easier to just buy a small new disk, under 1 TB, such as for instance an SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key thing to bear in mind before you start is that partitioning a disk will LOSE ALL THE FILES ON IT. Don't start if you don't like the sound of losing all your files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. I probably wasn't clear enough on that: it will nuke everything, total wipeout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm over 80 myself. I got tired of look at my gray hair picture so I change my avatar to  my 35 year old image. My workstation is 8 years old its showing its age. I'm 10 times its age and its showing.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines