Changing a shirt color and a curtain background

Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to change a shirt color and change the color of a curtain in the background for an old picture of my Grandma's. However, I am not familiar AT ALL with Photoshop.  Is there someone out there who can help me at all??? (ex. walk me through it as I do it). I've attached the photos below.

Thanks!!!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Changing a shirt color and a curtain background

Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to change a shirt color and change the color of a curtain in the background for an old picture of my Grandma's. However, I am not familiar AT ALL with Photoshop.  Is there someone out there who can help me at all??? (ex. walk me through it as I do it). I've attached the photos below.

Thanks!!!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 01, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The matter can be quite complex but depending on your expectations you may get away with a fairly simple approach. 

I recommend: 

• Create a Group 

• Layer > Layer Mask > Hide All

• paint with white to create a Mask for the region you want to colorize (you can show and hide the mask as an overlay by checking its »eye«-icon in the Channels Panel)

• Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Hue/Saturation to change the hue and saturation 

• Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Curves to change the brightness and contrast 

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 08.49.07.png

As an aside: If you have any acquaintances who own a scanner you might get better results by scanning the images than by photographing them because one can avoid certain reflections and perspectival distortion that way. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2020 0