• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing color of a file

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to PS....I am trying to change the color of a one color file. It is clip art and a font. I want it to be silver and save it as a png so that I can upload into another program. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a layered document with text,  image, shapes, etc  layers or just a flat raster image layer. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your file. Go to Channels palette and create a new spot channel. Choose the color you want (I used Pantone 420 C.)

Select All. With the spot channel deselected, Copy.

Deselect all the RGB channels and select the spot channel. Paste. Delete the RGB channels.

You can double-click the spot channel and change the spot color if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the file you attached, you might be able to get that silver effect by combining layer styles, as shown below.

Color-overlay-recolor-black-layer.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Silver" is not really a single colour but a metallic surface which reflects light. So you have three options:

1. Change the colour to a light gray and just accept that flat grey colour

2. If printing, print with a spot metallic colour. Expensive but it may give the effect you need

3. Simulate silver by creating an effect that looks like reflections. This can be in shades of grey or colour - but must use more than a single shade of colour. For example, use a Gradient overlay, an Inner glow and Bevel and Emboss together :

2020-08-12_22-11-13.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines