Highlighted

Changing colors in a logo

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been given a PNG to change the colors in a logo. I've tried to vectorize the logo to change some colors but this ruins the gradient of the logo and you can see the harsh color change. Any other ideas as to what I can do to adjust certain colors in a logo but maintain a gradient?

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Changing colors in a logo

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been given a PNG to change the colors in a logo. I've tried to vectorize the logo to change some colors but this ruins the gradient of the logo and you can see the harsh color change. Any other ideas as to what I can do to adjust certain colors in a logo but maintain a gradient?

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mentor ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is more complex than it has to be to change color in a raster image of a logo.  Can you ask for a copy of the original vector artwork?  They are doing you no favors sending you a PNG.  It would require sophisticated selecting and masking.  Then, you would mix a new gradient from what, RGB?  Not a good idea.  Possible? Yes.  But, you approach to vectorizing the PNG gets you headed in the right direction.  Gradients are easy in Illustrator anyway.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
jane-e LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I've tried to vectorize the logo"

Hi

What steps did you take when you tried to vectorize the logo? Were you using Photoshop or Illustrator or another application? If you try Illustrator, use Image Trace and customize the settings before you Expand. Then use Recolor Artwork to change the colors. You might need to create a new gradient. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/image-trace.html

As was already mentioned, getting a copy of the original artwork in vector format is the best choice. This is not straightforward, and unless you are lucky, you may find yourself re-creating the logo.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines