Highlighted

Changing Colour Of Item

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. I have a photo of a garden and i want to change the colour of the shed to a specific green.

The exactgreen is on a different photo.

I know how to change the colour of the shed by quick selecting the shed, creating a new fill/adjustment layer and selecting hue/saturation but i need to change it to an exact colour and this exact colour is on the other photo.

Can this be done ? (maybe using the eyedropper tool and importing that exact colour somehow?)

I'm relatively new to PS.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Changing Colour Of Item

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. I have a photo of a garden and i want to change the colour of the shed to a specific green.

The exactgreen is on a different photo.

I know how to change the colour of the shed by quick selecting the shed, creating a new fill/adjustment layer and selecting hue/saturation but i need to change it to an exact colour and this exact colour is on the other photo.

Can this be done ? (maybe using the eyedropper tool and importing that exact colour somehow?)

I'm relatively new to PS.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still trying to work it out....possibly has something to do with swatches (which i've never heard of until today)....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.Make sure both photos are in the same color space (e.g. sRGB or Adobe RGB)

2.Use the eyedropper tool to check the colour in the green door photo (check the info panel and set the measurement to HSB which will make the next steps it easier)

3. Switch to teh photo to be adjusted and set a couple of target points in the shed door with the eyedropper tool (shift+click)

4. Use a Hue /Sat layer (with mask) on the first photo to adjust the first photo to match those target points in the info panel to the value you saw in the photo of the green door. . Note Hue /Sat works with HSL which is not the same as HSB in the info panel but the three adjustments should still get you there.

Note if the colour change to brightness is extreme (e.g. a very dark colour to a very light colour) , you may also need to use a curve layer to get the contrast to match.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0