Changing from PSD to JPG

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

I worked on an image and saved it as a PSD file to preserve the layer structure and other changes. However, when I wanted to post it to a site I could not do it as a PSD. So...I changed it to a JPG in PS and it still would not load. Where am I going wrong in this process? Is there any difference between a file converted to JPG from PSD and one originally stored as a JPG?

I work with Windows 10, PS 2021 and Elements 13 where I also changed it to a JPG without success.

Thank you,

Photodoc16

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Changing from PSD to JPG

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

I worked on an image and saved it as a PSD file to preserve the layer structure and other changes. However, when I wanted to post it to a site I could not do it as a PSD. So...I changed it to a JPG in PS and it still would not load. Where am I going wrong in this process? Is there any difference between a file converted to JPG from PSD and one originally stored as a JPG?

I work with Windows 10, PS 2021 and Elements 13 where I also changed it to a JPG without success.

Thank you,

Photodoc16

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 24, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes there is a difference but if you are trying to upload this image I would first check the site rules for images... many of them will only allow images under a certain size or shape

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway,
Agreed. The site stated that it could not accept PSD files. I tried to load
the converted jpg and I was under the size required. However, the picture
did load onto the first screen but it would not let me post it. Confused.
Thanks,
photodoc16

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check with site owners. They can solve your problem. Here you can upload image to check that image file is not corrupted nothing else.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bojan and thanks for writing.
Bizarre as it may sound, I tried again later and there was no problem
loading the image or posting it. Perhaps I should not save photos as PSD's
unless I know I will be back to continue to edit it. Anyway, the problem
seems to be solved for the present.
Be well,
Photodoc16

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 1