Highlighted

Changing Image Size when Saving For Web in Photoshop

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! When I try to Save For Web in Photoshop, I type in the exact size (in pixels) that I need the image to be for a website. (It's a logo) But when I do the Percentage automatically changes simulatenueously. Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 10.18.22 AM.png

For example, I will type 200px and the Percent box on the right goes down to 15%, causing the image to be super low quality. How can I type in a specific pixel size but keep the percent at 100%?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Changing Image Size when Saving For Web in Photoshop

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! When I try to Save For Web in Photoshop, I type in the exact size (in pixels) that I need the image to be for a website. (It's a logo) But when I do the Percentage automatically changes simulatenueously. Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 10.18.22 AM.png

For example, I will type 200px and the Percent box on the right goes down to 15%, causing the image to be super low quality. How can I type in a specific pixel size but keep the percent at 100%?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

200 pixels is precisely 15.71% of 1273 pixels. What did you expect?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expected a non-snarky answer. But thanks. My IT dept tried it and they were able to do it and keep the percentage at 100%.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that. I actually am curious - what did you expect? There's apparently some misunderstanding here, so maybe we can clear that up.

"My IT dept tried it and they were able to do it and keep the percentage at 100%"

Well, they didn't. It doesn't work that way. That's percentage of pixel size. If it remained at 100%, they didn't reduce size.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. When you change the Image size, the Percent value changes automatically for reflecting that change.

Marlon Ceballos.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so let me re-phrase I guess how can a Save a vector logo for the Web at 200px but keep a decent quality?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
marliton LATEST
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. That depends of the image details. If the image has small details, 200px are so few for describe those details. It's like trying to see details of a smartphone from the other side of a room. 

Marlon Ceballos.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0