• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing "rotate clone stamp" shortcut. Is it possible?

Participant ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.
Probably you see that there is a serious bug with Clone Stamp Tool in PS 2020 for a long time. You can't rotate the stamp on menu items. Adobe (his illustrous highness) don't care about it, but I. Because this makes the tool almost useless. We could use shortcut but the shortcut is not working in every keyboard. In mine the > and < are on same button and I can only rotate it towards right. Never to left. (hmm may be for political reasons) 
In short, how can I change the shortcut of rotate clone stamp?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see such option in Keyboard Shortcuts and Menus. Some keyboard shortcuts can not be changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I consider Photoshop’s keyboard-shortcut-customisability unsatisfactory. 

A lot of the keyboard-shortcuts can be customized but some relevant ones cannot and a very few things have even lost shortcuts completely at some point.  

At least one Feature Request that touches on the subject on this exists: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-azerty-keyboard-shortcut-for-backsl...

You can add your vote there or, if you think it does not reflect your actual issue, start a new Feature Request over on 

Photoshop Family

Also you may want to look into ways to circumnavigate the issue by using OS-sided automation to »simulate« the keystroke. 

Edit: I am a Mac-user myself so I looked at 

https://macmost.com/3-ways-to-automate-keystroke-sequences-on-your-mac.html

to see if Automator might be employed for this but I could not get it to work so far to simulate alt-shift-> being pressed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines