Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the Brush Color in Select & Mask Mode

Explorer ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm in the process of changing the background image... maybe if I give you steps as to where I'm stuck, it would be more clear to you. 

I selected the image that I want to change the background. Then I went to Select > Select & Mask. Then I choose the Object Selection Tool to select the image I want to keep (it worked fine). However, I needed a clear idea of what needs further attention (areas that may have been missed from the Object Selection Tool), so I went to the view mode and selected "On Black" (Opacity to 100%); zoomed in and selected the paint brush to brush away the small areas black. However, my paint brush is not set to black and I don't know how to change it to black. 

See image for more information! Thanks. 

Now, go to the image you want as a background (this image should aready be opened in PS)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link, I really appreciated it. I did review it and took some notes down.  However, this is very challenging. I'm trying to learn this on my own. I'm a beginner using PS and it's pretty diffucult to get a hang of this. 

I just want to change the background of my selected image. Being that I'm new at this I've decided to go this route, but I need to clean up the quick selection a bit to move forward in selecting my background. So this is what I did...

Open my image > Select > Select & Mask > Object Selection Tool > [this is where I need to clean up my selection a bit before I continue. If I don't do this, then the image that I'd selected will have some unwanted background to it. Anyway, moving forward I did this] > OK

Go to my background image > Select > All > Edit > Copy > Go to the previous image you selected > Edit > Past > Edit > Free Transform > adjust the background image > Press Enter

Now sometimes the above works and other times it doesn't.

Now I know I'm doing something wrong here. I just can't figure it out. The video sent to me does not explain how to add a background to my selected image. Step by Step directions. If you could help me with this, that would be awesome. I would really appreciate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I figured it out. I'll play around with PS to get a better grip on this. I just can't find step by step directions that would help, but i'm beginning to get a handle on this particular subject. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines