Highlighted

Changing the text in Play part of an Action

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an action (Perfect Soft) that I had been using for years. Then the company that made the plugins modified the name of their plugins. So now my action will not work.

They changed Portraiture to Portraiture 3.

They changed Noiseware to Noiseware64.

I have not been able to change the text in the "Run Me" part of the action.

Do I need to record the entire action all over again? I did not make this Perfect soft action. It came from a photographers user group. I have never made an action. I really don't want to start now.

Edit a PS action.png

Thanks

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Changing the text in Play part of an Action

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an action (Perfect Soft) that I had been using for years. Then the company that made the plugins modified the name of their plugins. So now my action will not work.

They changed Portraiture to Portraiture 3.

They changed Noiseware to Noiseware64.

I have not been able to change the text in the "Run Me" part of the action.

Do I need to record the entire action all over again? I did not make this Perfect soft action. It came from a photographers user group. I have never made an action. I really don't want to start now.

Edit a PS action.png

Thanks

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 19, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose you need to amend the affected steps within the Actions (like »Noiseware« (edited) in the Set »Perfect Soft«). 

Actions should not be gard to grasp – expand the Action, look for the affected step and you then can replace that step with a newly recorded one. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you have to re-record those specific steps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 1
Advocate ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use tools like "ATN Action Translator".

http://www.kyrsoft.com/articles/atn-translator-windows/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-recording the affected steps would be simpler/cleaner... Even if you have never made or edited an action before.

Another possibility would be to use an xtools script to save the .ATN as an .XML file, edit the .XML and then use another xtools script to convert the edited/updated .XML back to .ATN:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ps-scripts/files/xtools/v2.3/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 1