• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the way Tools are selected

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am using Photoshop for drawing and have problems with the way changing to a new tool works. For example I have a hotkey on my tablet set to the eraser which works fine but i would love to make a second use of the button to disable the eraser and move back to the previously selected tool or the brush and i have absolutely no idea where i could change the settings for such a function or if its even possible. Another problem i have is with the eye dropper. Is it possible to make the eye dropper only work while I hold down the hotkey instead of completely changing to it? I am very new to Photoshop and have recently moved there from Krita where these functions were given. I hope one of you can help me with my problem. Many Thanks and a great Day!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

To temporarily switch to another tool, simply press and hold the shortcut, use the tool, and when you release you will be back on the tool you were using.

• For the Eraser, press and hold E and use it, then release
  • For the Eyedropper, press and hold I and use it, then release.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

holding down ALT also switches your tool to the eyedropper. When you release ALT, you are select back to your previously tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines