• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing White Balance of RAW Image After Editing with Raster Layers

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom, I chose "Open as Smart Object in Photoshop", adjusted white balance of my raw image, and then started editing process. I used healing brush, clone tool, and some other raster layers. After everything is done, I decided to change white balance of smart object raw file again, but as you can imagine it causes colour mismatch between raw smart object and all other small raster layers I created for clone, heal, and other things. Is there any way to readjust raw white balance of whole image after editing process is finished?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do any of these :

1. Use a curves adjustment layer to adjust the white/gray  balance

or

2. Put all layers into a smart object, add the Camera Raw filter and use the white balance tools there.

or

3. Take the finished file back into Lightroom and apply the white balance there

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your answer, Dave. I'm actually aware that I can still change white balance, but I'd really like to know if I can still change white balance by using full range raw white balance rather than using standard range of jpg white balance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

antoineg76116529  wrote

Thank you so much for your answer, Dave. I'm actually aware that I can still change white balance, but I'd really like to know if I can still change white balance by using full range raw white balance rather than using standard range of jpg white balance.

I don't use Lightroom  (Dave does) but if you open in Photoshop as a Smart Object, then  I think that double clicking the SO in Photoshop, will temporarily open it back up in Lightroom.  Saving it should take you back  to the updated file  in Photoshop, and the edit will have used the original RAW data, so you'll be getting the best of both worlds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you go back and change the white balance on the raw file, whether in Lightroom or using ACR in a Photoshop smart object you will be left with a color mismatch between the SO and the pixel layers you have subsequently added.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave. That's what I wanted to confirm. I guess there's no way to change raw white balance, avoiding color mismatch between that raw smart object and pixel layers created for editing. As far as I understand I need to carefully choose white balance in the very beginning. I'll need to do all editing again now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

To be honest , if I'd done a lot of pixel editing I would change the color  balance using a curves adjustment layer rather than do a lot of rework.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines